Ocean City Fishing Club, Ocean City, NJ
Fishing Pier photo courtesy of local Photographer John Loreaux
To all members,
We have received approval from the city to open the pier,as long as we take pre- cautions.The pier will be open Friday 5/22/2020.Attached are the restrictions adopted by the trustees.These are temporary measures which will be monitored and changed when appropriate.
1. WHEN ON THE PIER WITH OTHERS ,A FACE COVERING MUST BE WORN.
2. PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES.
3. ASSUME THAT ALL SURFACES ARE CONTAMINATED AND TAKE PRECAU- TIONS TO PROTECT YOURSELF.
4. IT WILL NOT BE NECESSARY TO SIGN IN AT THIS TIME
5. ENTER THE CLUBHOUSE ONLY TO RETRIEVE EQUIPMENT OR TO USE THE BATHROOM.WIPE DOWN ALL SURFACES WHICH HAVE BEEN TOUCHED.
6. TAKE FISHING EQUIPMENT HOME OR STORE IN YOUR CAR .THIS WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED TO ENTER THE CLUBHOUSE.
7. THE RAILING ON THE OUTER TEE WILL BE MARKED WITH 6 FT INCRE- MENTS.ONE FISHERMAN PER SPACE
8. ONLY 6 FISHERMEN WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE OUTER TEE AT ANY ONE TIME.
9. BRING YOUR OWN KNIVES.
10. THE PIER WILL BE LIMITED TO MEMBERS ONLY.FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE PIER AT THIS TIME
11. IF YOU ARE AT RISK DUE TO AGE OR HEALTH CONDITIONS,IT IS REC- OMMENDED THAT YOU USE THE PIER AT TIMES WHEN FEW ARE FISHING.
12. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS ARE TO BE FOLLOWED.
Failure to comply may lead to loss of pier privileges
Live View of our Pier
MORE LIVE WEBCAMS FROM PIER AND OF PIER NOW in HD Real Time
All Webcams Ocean City and other beaches Cape May to Atlantic City
Water Temperatures from NOAA/NODC
Tides at Steel Pier, Atlantic City
Tides at 9th Street Bridge, Ocean City
Pier Extension Results
Our pier extension ballots have been counted.Out of 220 mailed ,members returned an astonishing 190.Following are the results of the vote:
Proposal # 1 Yes 184 No 6 96% in favor
Proposal #2 Yes 176 No 8 95.7% in favor
I will keep all informed as this project progresses
Thank you for your interest and support
The Ocean City Fishing Club is the oldest continuously operated fishing club in the country.
Enjoy reading about our club activities, events, and tournaments. We also provide detailed information about the club and the pier. Watch for our annual Open Houses each year.